Some random observations from my first week away from city livin’.
1) First things, first:
1) I don’t need 30-45 minutes to get to wherever I’m going. I just need to allow 15 minutes. And I’ll still be early.
2) Don’t go to Wal-Mart. Ever. The motorized fat people will run you over.
3) Well hello, sunset, I have missed you.
4) I will not fight for a parking space close to my destination. I can walk, I LIKE to walk, walking was how I got everywhere. Why don’t people want to walk?? (see #2 above)
5) “Drive-time” radio programming is a strange, mostly annoying, subculture of people who like to hear themselves talk and not really say anything.
6) Dinner is at 6pm?!?!
7) I need to learn to embrace my dishwasher. It is there to help me. “Rinse & reuse” is a thing of the past.
8) Well hello, trees, I have missed you.